Wingspan: 2338mm (92”)
Length: 2412mm (95”)
Weight: 13.25Kg (29.15Lbs) (Dry)
Servos : 8+ (Required)
Turbine: 80-160N (8-16Kg) (Recommended)
Weight 31.9 LBS
Elevator throw 27mm up and down
Rudder throw 70mm each way Flap throw is 50mm at take off with about 3mm of down trim in the elevator and 130mm for landing with 5mm of down trim in the elevator
Aileron first flights were at 20mm each way but needed differential. Next flights will be at 33mm in the up direction with 23mm in the down direction.
Video1-Ripmax Xcalibur+ (piloted by Dave Wilshere)
Video2-Ripmax Xcalibur Plus
The fuselage and canopy of the Xcalibur are superbly moulded from epoxy/glass, whilst the tailbooms and flying surfaces are constructed from CNC cut balsa and ply, beautifully assembled and then carefully covered with heat shrink film. The wings slide on to a substantial carbon fibre wing tube, being retained with neat moulded clamps, and the tailbooms can also be removed quickly for transport or storage. The Xcalibur is very quick to assemble, with excellent access to the turbine and on-board equipment, making maintenance and reliable operation much simpler. A specially designed fuel tank gives flight times of around the 10 minute mark, depending on the turbine being used and flying style.
With the incredible success of the Xcalibur sport jet the next logical development was a larger version, after all, bigger models always fly better! This version of the Xcalibur+ is finished in an attractive display scheme based on the RAF Hawk display scheme from 2010.
Developed to suit 80 - 160N Newton turbines, the Xcalibur+ is quick and easy to assemble, making it easy to transport and store. The fuselage is moulded in fibreglass and comes supplied pre-painted with moulded in wheel wells for easy clean-up when used on grass fields. The large top hatch is secured by one bolt for quick and easy access to the turbine and electronics. The wings, booms and tail are built-up from balsa and ply and then covered in iron-on film to match the fuselage.
For easy retract selection JSM offer (not included) a dedicated set of air up/down retracts complete with oleos, wheels, brakes, filler valve and air valves. JSM also offer an optional moulded fibreglass fuel tank with a capacity of 4.6 Litres, allowing plenty of flight time.
Flight performance of the Xcalibur+ is superb and is capable of a wide range of speeds. The low wing loading allows for amazingly slow passes to gentle short strip landings making it especially suited to grass fields. The large center flap provides extra lift and increased drag helping to reduce the landing speed and roll on distance. Use a turbine at the larger end of the recommended range and the Xcalibur+ tracks straight and true in high speed passes and is capable of extreme aerobatic manoeuvres.
• Disassembles into 6 parts for easy transport
• Pre-painted fibreglass fuselage
• Large removable canopy for easy access
• Amazing slow speed performance
• Suits turbines ranging from 80N up to 160N
• Optional retracts with oleos and brakes
• Fully aerobatic
• Perfect for grass flying fields
• Ideal for turbines from 80 to 160 Newton thrust
• Moulded epoxy/glass fuselage and canopy
• Removable nose section for easy access to batteries.
• Lightweight built-up and fully sheeted flying surfaces covered in film
• Moulded wheel wells stop the ingress of grass, small stones or water - protecting the valuable and vulnerable turbine
• Quick and easy assembly/disassembly for transport and storage
• Optional high volume fibreglass fuel tank available
• Super strong carbon fibre wing tube
• Superb flying characteristics
• Optional retract system with trailing link oleos available.
• Sleek aerodynamic design minimises drag allowing higher flying speeds
• Lightweight design and the effective flap enable exceptionally slow approaches and landings
Price (USA ONLY)